FPGA LEVEL IN-TARGET TESTING / SAFETY
DO-254/CTS is a fully customised hardware and software platform that augments target board testing to increase verification coverage by test and to satisfy the verification objectives of DO-254/ED-80.
The target design runs at-speed in the target device which is mounted to a custom daughterboard. A simulation testbench is used to produce test vectors enabling requirements-based testing, with 100% FPGA pin-level controllability and visibility necessary to implement normal range and abnormal range tests.
The FPGA testing results are captured at-speed and displayed using a simulator waveform viewer for advanced analysis and documentation.
This platform facilitates the at-speed, in-hardware verification of designs intended for use in safety-critical aerospace applications; and which must comply with DO-254. The clever re-use of simulation testbenches to produce test vectors is a real benefit too.
Features and Benefits
- At-speed testing in target device
- Reuse testbench as test vectors
- Increase verification coverage by test
- FPGA I/Os full visibility/controllability
- Early access to FPGA hardware board for device testing
- For use with Altera, Lattice, Mircrosemi and Xilinx devices
- Supports FPGAs with serial high speed I/Os (ARINC 818, PCIe, DDR3 and LVDS)
- Single environment to verify all FPGA level requirements
- Automated in-hardware testing
- Hardware testing results visualisation with waveform viewer
- Integration with third party RTL simulator, synthesis and P&R tools
Related Webinars, Articles and Videos
WEBINAR: DO-254 FPGA Level In-Target Testing
WEBINAR: DO-254 Verification Strategies
Julian Lonsdale, Director, FirstEDA
"DO-254/CTS is a fully customised hardware and software platform that increases verification coverage by test for it’s users. To ensure your FPGA satisfies the verification objectives of DO-254/ED-80, the system allows you to do at-speed testing in target device and provides a single environment to verify all FPGA level requirements.”
Contact us for more information and pricing.